How we spread
Kudaldeshkars had three Rajmandals.
- Samant,Naik from Dhamapur & Parule.
- Prabhu from Valaval, Nerur &Pat.
- Matkari-Mahajan in other villages.
Kudaldeshkars were Yajurvedis but when they migrated to South, they had
close interaction with Karhade Brahmins and became Rigvedis. They have gotras
Atri, Bharadwaj, Dhanajay, Gargya, Gautam, Jamadagni, Kashyap, Kaundinya,
Sankhyayana, Vasishtha and Vatsy. Existing Kudaldeshkar Math was founded
in Dabholi Vengurla in 1745. Jagatguru Shrimat Shankaracharya Shringeri
Math is the Adya Guru of Kudaldeshkars. Shrimat Shankaracharya had recognised
following five deities intially.
- Shree LaxmiNarayan Valaval.
- Kaleshwar, Nerur.
- Devi Bhagavati, Dhamapur.
- Parule Suryadevata (AdiNarayan).
- Shree Ganesh, Pat.
Most common surnames presently are
Samant, Prabhu, Naik, Thakur, Pandit, Patil, Mahajan, Desai, Sarnaik, Matkari,
Bondre, Gosavi, Dinge and Wagh.
Kudaldeshkar samaj is not a JATI but a DNYATI.
- In Sanskrit we say "JAYATE ITI JATI"one which is produced
- "DNYAYATE ITI DNYATI".One which is distinguished from others
Kudaldeshkars are successful around length and breadth of this world.
It is upto them all to keep up to the Kudaldeshkar tradition.